Wednesday, December 3, 2014

First Tuesday of Advent: "Hold Fast" - Mercy Me

CD1 hit on this day.  I was feeling rather down about myself.  I didnt' think we even TTC this cycle, but was still down.  It was the worst pain leading up to CD1 I have had in over a year and it was not stopping.  I felt really hopeless.  This song picked me up.    I love this video, the images are perfect.

The Video:





The Lyrics:
To everyone who's hurting
To those who've had enough
To all the undeserving
That should cover all of us
Please do not let go
I promise there is hope

Hold fast
Help is on the way
Hold fast
He's come to save the day
What I've learned in my life
One thing greater than my strife
Is His grasp
So hold fast

Will this season ever pass?
Can we stop this ride?
Will we see the sun at last?
Or could this be our lot in life?
Please do not let go
I promise you there's hope

You may think you're all alone
And there's no way that anyone could know
What you're going through
But if you only hear one thing
Just understand that we are all the same
Searching for the truth
The truth of what we're soon to face
Unless someone comes to take our place
Is there anyone?
All we want is to be free
Free from our captivity, Lord
Here He comes

General Reflection:
How many times are we all been in that place that feels like there is no hope.  That everything is working against us.  We ask if this will pass and if God stills knows us and loves us.  While in our heads we know that this will pass and God is love and loves us dearly, in our hearts we do not feel it.  This was me for so long.  I could not feel God's love, I didn't feel his presence in me at all.  I felt all alone that I couldn't talk to anyone about it.  But slowly I have been coming out of  that dark place.  When I fall back into like I did the past couple of days, this song reminds me that God will come to save me, in fact he already did by sending His only SON as a baby to rescue us.  I do not have all the answers, but I know there is hope.

If you are in a dark place right now, please keep praying, please keep hoping.  It took me almost 9 years to feel God truly back in my life, but it has changed me so much.   These lyrics are my favorite, espicially for us going through IF:

"And there's no way that anyone could know
What you're going through
But if you only hear one thing
Just understand that we are all the same
Searching for the truth"

I cannot understand what you are going through anymore than you can understand my journey.  Each journey is different, but we are looking for the truth.  Please know each and everyone of you are in my prayers this advent.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're sharing these songs this Advent. The last couple of days I have been feeling myself get sucked into the darkness again. It's a familiar place, but I didn't miss it at all. I don't want to go back there. This song is one I've heard before, but not thought much about, but the words are really speaking to me today.

    ReplyDelete